We have to start by saying that the keto diet is low-carb, moderate protein, and a high-fat approach to eating, which will help you moderate your blood sugar and handle weight loss. However, it comes with some side effects as well.
It is one of the most popular diets in the last decade, and you can see that numerous people are searching through it daily. The main reason for that is that it features a unique approach when compared with other diets that you can start implementing.
Check here for tips that will help you organize your keto meals.
At first, you do not have to fast for it to work, and on the contrary, you will be able to improve your lifestyle by consuming things that have healthy fats that are essential for our wellbeing.
Compared with a typical diet from people that live in America, we tend to consume at least 65% of carbs, which is problematic for our overall health.
At the same time, when you avoid consuming carbs, which our bodies use as a primary energy source, we tend to enter into a state of ketosis.
It means that your body will start using fat instead of carbs for primary energy. However, at the very beginning, you will feel exhausted and different because it is a shock for our bodies since it depended on a high level of carbs for the energy.
Is It Efficient For Weight Loss?
Even though it is more of a lifestyle than a traditional diet, one of the biggest reasons why people choose it is for weight loss.
At first, you will lose weight because you stopped consuming carbs, and that will lead to the loss of water. At the same time, your body will try to use the last carbs stored in the liver, and as a result, you will lose water from your body and lose weight as well.
Furthermore, the diet results in weight loss because you will start consuming high-fat and whole foods instead of processed carbs you used before. By cutting sugars, you will have steadier energy without crushes and highs similarly as before.
The moment you start doing it, you will notice that you will not need additional snacks as before, and your energy will not wane, as it was when you were on a regular diet. We recommend you to read more here about different snacks that you can consume during this particular regiment.
The idea is that you will lose weight because you will not be hungry as before, which means that you will not eat as much.
The problem lies in the idea that you should avoid eating saturated fat to maintain the initial weight loss. Since the first moments depend on the lack of carbs and reduction of water, you have to maintain ketosis by consuming healthy fats instead of ones that can lead to severe issues.
Ketogenic Diet as Disease Treatment and Prevention
Apart from weight loss, this particular diet is perfect for handling various diseases and illnesses.
- Metabolic Syndrome – According to a few studies, adults with metabolic diseases can use this particular diet to increase their body fat or shed more weight than before, which is perfect for overall health. At the same time, you will be able to reduce the possibility of getting additional health issues due to bad diet choices.
- Type-2 Diabetes – The problem that you can prevent is type-2 diabetes, which happens to people due to the lousy diet and inability to cope with stress. Therefore, implementing this particular regiment will help you improve sugar levels, but at first, it may lead to hypoglycemia, which is something you should prevent by eating regularly.
- Bipolar Disorder – If you have type 2 bipolar disorder, you will be able to stabilize your mood by implementing a ketogenic regiment. One study has published that it is more effective than meds, which is something you need to remember. Check out this link: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-diet-meal-plan-and-menu to learn best meal plans that you can prepare for yourself.
- Obesity – When we compare this particular with a low-calorie diet, you will be able to lose more weight by following keto regiment, especially when it comes to belly fat. It will also help you get leaner body mass after losing weight, and boost the metabolism, which will prevent yo-yo effect.
- Dementia – Another study has shown that a keto diet can lead to better memory for older individuals, which means that it is the first step towards dementia prevention.